Last updated and effective as of May 22, 2018
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
a. General: You can learn about how our products and services assist with driving e-commerce transactions, customer engagement and high-quality content. You may use our Site as a guest; however, certain features of our Site require you to create an Account (“defined below”). When you communicate with us through our Site and/or create an Account you warrant that all information used in connection with our Site is accurate and true.
b. Registration: To register you must create a user account by providing a valid email address and creating a unique password (“Account”). You are solely responsible for: (i) maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password; (ii) ensuring all information used in connection with the Site is accurate and current; and (iii) any activity you conduct through your Account, whether by you or someone else. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Account. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate or suspend your Account.
2. LICENSE AND USE RESTRICTIONS
a. Site: We hereby grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable, license to access and use our Site as expressly permitted herein. Except for this limited license we do not grant you any other rights or license. We reserve all rights not expressly granted herein.
b. Your Content: You hereby grant to us and our owners, affiliates, representatives, licensees, licensors and assigns a non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, world-wide, universal, transferable license to use, distribute, store, transmit reproduce any information you submit in connection with the use of our Site (“Your Content”) to: (i) make the Site available to you; (ii) manage your Account; and/or (iii) address questions and issues. You hereby represent and warrant that you own all rights to Your Content or, alternatively, that you have the right to give us the license described above. You represent and warrant that Your Content does not infringe on the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other legal rights of any third-party.
You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security or integrity of our Site or otherwise violating or infringing our rights or the rights of others who use our Site and agree not to do the following:
- (i) use any “deep-link,” “robot,” or other automatic or manual device, software, program, code, algorithm or methodology, to access, copy, or monitor any portion of our Site, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of our Site, or obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not purposely made available by us through our Site;
- (ii) gain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of our Site, or any other system or network connected to our Site or to any of our third-party business partners’ servers, systems or networks, by hacking, “password-mining” or using any other illegitimate method of accessing data;
- (iii) probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of our Site or any network connected to our Site;
- (iv) take any action that would cause an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of our Site or our systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to our Site or to us in an attempt to overwhelm our systems to create a “Denial of Service” or similar attack;
- (v) use any device, technology or method to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of our Site;
- (vi) not to make any false or misleading statements in connection with your use of our Site;
- (vii) Use our Site in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);
- (viii) Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property of another;
- (ix) Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying our Site; and/or
- (x) Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE YOUR USE OF OUR SITE AND/OR YOUR ACCOUNT (IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION) IF WE DETERMINE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS IMPROPER OR IN VIOLATION OF ANY PROVISION OF THE AGREEMENT.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The design of our Site and created text, scripts, graphics, interactive features and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein ("Our Content"), are owned by or licensed to us and are subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. You agree not to engage in the use, copying, or distributing any of Our Content contained on our Site.
We care about our community and strive to incorporate Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG) and other measures to assist with making our Site user friendly and accessible to visitors with disabilities. WCAG principals provide for website content to be perceivable, operable, understandable, and robust. Not all WCAG principals are operational and you understand that the application and use of WCAG recommendations will vary based upon the dynamic nature of the content on our Site.
Please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with Site accessibility.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
OUR SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU AS IS. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR CONDITION THAT: (1) OUR SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) YOUR USE OF OUR SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (3) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF OUR SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (4) ANY ERRORS IN OUR SITE WILL BE CORRECTED.
IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF A JURISDICTION THAT REQUIRES A SPECIFIC STATEMENT REGARDING RELEASE, THEN THE FOLLOWING APPLIES. FOR EXAMPLE, CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS MUST, AS A CONDITION OF THIS AGREEMENT, WAIVE THE APPLICABILITY OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES, "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR." YOU HEREBY WAIVE THIS SECTION OF THE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY SIMILAR PROVISION IN LAW, REGULATION, OR CODE THAT HAS THE SAME INTENT OR EFFECT AS THE AFOREMENTIONED PROVISION.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOUR USE OF OUR SITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER WE NOR OUR OWNERS, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, AND/OR AGENTS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, WHICH YOU MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE OUR SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSS.
You agree to defend and indemnify us and our affiliates, employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents from and against any third party claim, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, settlements, and disbursements, from or relation to (i) Your Content; (ii) your use of any Site; (iii) your violation of any term of this Agreement; (iii) your violation of any third party rights; (iv) your violation of applicable law; and/or (v) use of any services provided by third party service providers. You may not settle or compromise any claim without our prior written consent.
You may terminate your participation at any time by discontinuing use of our Site. If you have a dispute with us relating to the Site, immediately cease all use of our Site. Ceasing use of the Site is your only remedy with respect to any dispute that you may have with us. The following Sections shall survive termination of the Agreement or your use of our Site: 2(b) 6; 7; 8; and 13.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. When changes are made, we will make a new copy of the Agreement available on the Site. We will also update the "Last Revised" date at the top of the Agreement. If we make any material changes, and you have an Account, we may also send an e-mail to you at the last e-mail address you provided to us pursuant to this Agreement. Any changes to the Agreement will be effective immediately and your continued use of the Site constitutes your acceptance of such change(s). YOU AGREE TO REGULARLY CHECK THE SITE TO VIEW THE THEN-CURRENT TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
By providing your email address to us or creating an Account you consent to receiving emails from us and from our third-party providers and affiliates. These parties may send you emails in order to deliver information about products and services and to help with fulfilling your order. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included in any email or by contacting us via email at email@example.com with the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line.
12. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
a. General: Certain portions of this Section are deemed to be a “written agreement to arbitrate” pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act. The parties agree that this intend Section satisfies the “writing” requirement of the Federal Arbitration Act. If any controversy, allegation, or claim arising out of, related to, or connected in any way to your use of our Site, (collectively, “Dispute”), then you agree the Dispute shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in Los Angeles, California, and you agree that all disputes will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard choice of law principles. You hereby consent to and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to venue and jurisdiction in the state and federal courts of California. Arbitration under these Terms and Conditions shall be conducted pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules then prevailing at the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award shall be final and binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court or tribunal with jurisdiction over the parties. As permitted by applicable law, you agree that any claim or cause of action you may have arising out of, related to or connected in any way with your use of Site must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever banned. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards will be limited to actual third-party, out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), but in no event will attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable.
YOU ARE THUS GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT TO ASSERT OR DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS. YOUR RIGHTS WILL BE DETERMINED BY A NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR AND NOT A JUDGE OR JURY. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A FAIR HEARING, BUT THE ARBITRATION PROCEDURES ARE SIMPLER AND MORE LIMITED THAN RULES APPLICABLE IN COURT. ARBITRATOR DECISIONS ARE AS ENFORCEABLE AS ANY COURT ORDER AND ARE SUBJECT TO VERY LIMITED REVIEW BY A COURT. ANY CLAIMS BROUGHT BY YOU OR US MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING, NO ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, OR OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING, AND MAY NOT AWARD CLASS-WIDE RELIEF.
13. SEVERABILITY; HEADINGS
In the event that a provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, conflicting with another provision of the Agreement, or otherwise unenforceable, the Agreement will remain in force as though it had been entered into without that unenforceable provision being included in it. If two or more provisions of this Agreement are deemed to conflict with each other’s operation, we shall have the sole right to elect which provision remains in force. Headings in this Agreement are for reference purposes only and will not be used in its construction and/or interpretation.
We reserve all rights permitted to us under this Agreement as well as under the provisions of any applicable law. Our non-enforcement of any particular provision or provisions of this Agreement or applicable law will not be construed as our waiver of the right to enforce that same provision under the same or different circumstances at any time in the future.
We may assign our rights and/or obligations under this Agreement to any other party at our discretion.
16. DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DMCA)
a. Infringement Notification: If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on our Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our designated agent with the following information:
- (i) your contact information (i.e. name, email address, telephone number, and address);
- (ii) a description of the copyrighted work of concern;
- (iii) a link to the location(s) on the Site of the copyrighted work of concern;
- (iv) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- (v) a signed statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in your report is accurate and that you are the copyright owner (or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner).
The foregoing information (“DMCA Notice”) should be sent to our “Designated Agent” as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. Counter-Notice: If your work has been removed due to a DMCA Notice pursuant to the foregoing procedure, and you believe that your content is not infringing, then you may send a counter-notice (“DMCA Counter-Notice”) to our Designated Agent (contact information above) containing the following information:
- (i) Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- (ii) A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content;
- (iii) Your contact information (i.e. name, email address, telephone number, and address), a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Los Angeles, California, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement; and
- (iv) Your physical or electronic signature.
If a DMCA Counter-Notice is received by our Designated Agent, then we may send a copy of the DMCA Counter-Notice to the original complaining party informing that person that we may replace the removed content or cease disabling it after a reasonable time period. Unless the alleged copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member, or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in a reasonable time period after receipt of the DMCA Counter-Notice, at our sole discretion.
17. CONTACT INFORMATION AND/OR QUESTIONS
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at:
21 Market Street
Venice, CA 90291
Telephone: (415) 335-6768
Mon. - Fri., 9am to 6pm PST